Google just announced Google Buzz, allowing you to share photos, videos, and updates in gmail with existing friends you already have made. You have the option of sharing things with the world or specific friends. Easily connect with social sites you use like Picasa, Twitter, Google Reader and Flickr. People can comment on your post and have them automatically sent to your inbox.
Here are some of the great features that come with Google Buzz
- No Setup Required
- Share Publicly or Privately
- Inbox Integration
- Photo and Video Friendly
- Connect With Sites You Already Use
- Real-Time Updates
This is Google’s third big announcement (besides Google Wave, Social Search) that focused on social media and leveraging other social sites that people use. The big question is, what does this mean for all of the other social sites? This seems like another case of the 200-pound guerrilla stepping in and taking market share from Twitter, Foursquare, Facebook, Friendfeed and Yelp. It seems like it is only a matter of time under users start spending more time with Google Buzz than these other sites.
Check out the Official Google Buzz Video:
Get Google Buzz for your iPhone, Android or Nexus One Phone
- Read Write Web: How Google Buzz is Disruptive: Open Data Standards
- Mashable: Google Goes Social With Google Buzz
- The Next Web: Google Just Declared War on Social Startups – Who is Going Down?
- Search Engine Journal: Introducing Google Buzz! Gmail Social Sharing