Link Building: What’s the Best Approach?
If your link building efforts have fallen flat as of late, perhaps it’s time to reevaluate your approach.
Let’s assume that the key to content is the quality of that content. Does it inform? Does it instruct? And, perhaps most importantly, does it build links?
The Importance of Quality Content
When deciding upon your approach to website content, it is important to first realize that, although you may be concentrating heavily on your real estate SEO efforts, quality content is, first and foremost, about understanding that it should answer questions, solve a problem and increase your audience base. Excellent, relevant content not only establishes yourself as an authority in the real estate industry, it provides your readers with useful and helpful information.
Once you have a firm understanding of the importance of quality content in your link building efforts, it’s time to concentrate on your content strategy.
You may want to consider the following when developing a content strategy: (1) determine your audience and what they want to read; (2) determine what information you can provide your audience; and (3) decide how you will deliver your content.
If you don’t consider the above factors, chances are your content won’t resonate with your readers and will do very little when it comes to your link building efforts. Don’t forget, too, that your quality content may include articles, press releases, and guest blog posts, just to name a few.
If you are searching for publishing your content across other websites, consider the following:
- Not all websites are created equal. Your links on some websites may hold more value than others. Because of this, it is important to make sure the content you are providing meshes well with the content found on the website.
- Any content you provide should be unique and should show a fresh approach to the topic at hand. As a general rule, if you can’t offer a comprehensive look at the topic at hand, don’t write about it.
- Don’t forget that your content should always inform, instruct and build links.
- Consider how your content can best benefit and support the site.
- Although guest blogging on other sites typically has the lowest conversion rate, the links established may have the best impact on your link building campaign.
- Guest blogging will determine your authority and your relevance with search engines, so always avoid using duplicate content and fluff content simply to get yourself a link (this also goes for posting comments on a forum).
In addition to publishing your content across other websites, consider the social media aspect of quality content and link building. It is always a good idea to set up social accounts and supply them with your real estate brand. What does that mean? It means filling them with great links, logos and descriptions.
Remember that, when posting links to the target page of your social account, your goal should be to acquire dedicated followers who will also post your links. Never, ever devalue the beauty of social media.