I am a beginner blogger. I just started blogging two months ago through the help of online mlm mastermind system mate. I don't have any background in SEO and therefore I kept on reading resources that can help boost traffic on my blog. Thanks for these tips. It can get me started.
Lunch Break SEO Tips: 5 Simple SEO Tasks You Can Do In Less Than An Hour
SEO strategy development takes a momentous amount of time, effort, and expertise. It can feel overwhelming if you’re just getting started. Luckily, there are some simple, quick SEO tasks you can execute that will help you improve your organic search engine rankings without needing to be an SEO guru.
Each of these SEO tasks takes less than an hour and has the potential to save you money, boost your rankings, and get you more business online.
- Add a blog post. You might not have time to plan out a landing page, but the quick-to-publish power of blogging makes adding new content to your site super easy. Focus on a keyword that relates to your niche, and remember to share it on your social networks!
- Do some competitor research. You may not have hours to sit and analyze your competitors’ every metric, but one quick way to catch a glimpse into what you’re up against (and how to beat them) is to search for keywords you’d like to rank for, see who comes up, and plug their URL into the Google Keyword Tool. You might get ideas for keywords you hadn’t thought of.
- Check your URL structure. Do pages on your website or blog look like http://mysite.com/45/a3bc8r97 instead of http://mysite.com/products/my-awesome-product-name? CMSes like WordPress make it simple to make your URLs more SEO-friendly in the settings, allowing your URLs to contain their relevant keywords instead of numbers or random strings of characters.
- Link yourself up. Spend a few minutes looking through your website’s content for opportunities to link to other pages on your site. If you don’t see a relevant keyword in the text, put in a sentence that contains one that relates to another page on your site and pop in a link behind the anchor text. This not only helps your visitors browse but it gives search engines the message that your site is connected and relevant.
- Have a look at your statistics. If you don’t already have a tracking system like Google Analytics embedded in your site, setting that up will take the place of this task (and it’s just as quick!). If you do have an analytics program installed, check in on it and filter your traffic by keyword to see what visitors are typing to find you. A lot of it is likely to be irrelevant, but take notice of the keywords that bring the visitors that stay for a long time on your site. How can you optimize your site’s structure and content to better target those keywords?
You’ve just learned 5 quick and simple ways to give your website an SEO mini-makeover. Are there other SEO tasks that you’ve done in less than an hour that you’d like to share?
About the Author
I don't really think that #5 should be on the list. Most people check their stats obsessively if for no other reason than to see what's happening. They don't do much with them and checking them too often can be a cause of motivation loss. If you only have a small window of time to work, you should be focused on something that is actually work. My recent post 10+ Ways to Find Cheap Flights to Florida
I agree with Jason's comment. The easiest I think is communicating and building relationships with your link by reading and commenting on blogs. Although possible, but hard to make blog post in less than an hour. Great tips! My recent post Business Blitz: Seevolution Heatmaps, Shipping Costs and More
Lesley, I wouldn't be surprised if you yourself were able to coin this post together within an hour on your lunch break! I agree with Jason though - I can never write up a post that fast, even if it is on a topic that I am well versed in. But nevertheless, I personally know some individuals who can and I guess it is a great talent they can use to their advantage.
I envy people who can write blog posts in less than an hour, as it usually takes me more than an hour to complete one (with research and stuff). Anyway, here are some other tasks which I think fit this list: - communicating and building relationships with your link prospects (reading their blog, leaving comments, etc...) - contributing to communities like related forums and Q&A sites - topic research for your site's content strategy - reading hardcore seo blog posts (knowing that it's important to keep yourself up-to-date as an SEO). My recent post 1-2 Punch Marketing Action Plan for Blogs
Good points Jason. Writing a high quality blog post in an hour, definitely takes some practice. I can do it now, but it took me years of blogging to get to that point! I think building relationships online is the biggest point you made. Getting to know other like-minded people in the industry and participation in discussions, it so important (just like offline relationship building). Thanks for the comment Jason!
Great tips. For competition research you can install quickly the SeoQuake plugin for firefox. It's excellent and it gives you some much statistics about your competitors and also you can us it on your own site to see what can you improve.
Seo is all about big steps and following the same path of before..I'm rank for great keywords because I keep the same path every time. "Black Seo Guy "Signing Off" My recent post Learn How To Type In 48Hrs Or Less