How to Become a Link Building Expert in 30 Days
If you are a consultant juggling clients and managing your own business, it is only natural to find yourself focusing more efforts on some strategies and letting other tools of your trade slide. There are plenty of SEO Services that can help your business and your clients get the web presence it deserves by link building. This SEO technique may be something you have not gotten around to starting, but can help generate high value returns for the investment you spend.
Why devote time on link building?
If you are not spending some time cultivating quality external links to your site, you are missing out on Internet marketing gains. Link building plays an important part in your ranking results, the strength of your online legitimacy, the reach of your brand awareness online, and, if used strategically, can convert site traffic into sales.
If you have left link building in the pile of things to do, an easy 30 day plan can start you on the right track to more regular link building habits and turn you into a link building expert.
An hour a day on core link building activities
Set aside an hour each day for link building related activities. You will need to divide your time amongst three core tasks:
- Self-study and learning from the experts.
- Setting up your link building systems.
- Growing your repertoire of link building skills.
Implementing these tasks are simple and effective, as we explore what these core tasks can do and how it can benefit a business, helping you understand the ins and outs of link building.
Self-study and learning from the experts
Setting aside time to read about SEO and the Internet marketing industry should be an essential part of your daily activities. Spend a couple of hours a week working your way through the link building category posts on stayonsearch.com to grasp the SEO field in general. Focus more on the link building topics when possible.
Set up your link building systems
Once you have a few of the basic link building systems and tools in place, you can start to use them in the more creative side of SEO projects. Good data lets you tweak ideas to get the right type of backlink, or can start to show you how your backlinks are adding to your sales revenue.
Your link building systems will include:
- Buzzstream: This is a newer tool that allows you to track all of your contacts and link building results.
- Task Management: It is useful to keep everything organized and manage your tasks properly. Any task management program that you prefer should do the trick.
- Spreadsheets: It is important that you are creating a link building plan as you go. Spreadsheets are an effective and affordable way to manage all of your plans.
Grow your repertoire of link building skills
While half of your time should be split between your professional development and managing your link building systems, the other half of your time should be devoted to actual link building techniques. Don’t be overwhelmed by the various techniques involved. Look to implementing one strategy at a time, and work your way through each task methodically. A suggested structure for the month is given below.
Becoming a Link Building Expect in 30 Days–a suggested breakdown
This 30 day skills development plan takes just an few hours a day. Be sure to follow it accordingly to ensure the best results.
- Spend two hours on reading link building blog posts and keeping up with your SEO industry knowledge
- Spend three hours preparing a baseline report with current links data about your website. Create a dashboard or template and identify the data source for each item that you are tracking (e.g. You may measure the current number of backlinks for key pages of your website and note that your data source was the browser extension for SEOQuake).
- Spend five hours on one link building technique at a time until it is completed. Examples include maximizing your content and site for RSS syndication or uploading your content to various link directories.
- Continue spending two hours on your link building reading.
- Focus three hours of your time on your internal architecture and on checking the validity and cohesion of your internal links.
- For these ten days, focus your actual link building activities on identifying the key influencers in your niche and designing strategies to encourage them to link to your site or to specific content pages or items on your site.
Your daily scan of link building and SEO industry reading should be a regular habit by now. Spend these final ten days on preparing your monitoring report to see what minor impacts have occurred. You may already be beginning to notice a change from your first 20 days of link building activities. Use your baseline report and generate a new version using the same data sources. Now you can start to analyze results, with a particular focus on which types of link referrals are bringing your target audience to your site, and whether any particular referral sources are showing up more often in sales conversions. Have a look at the page rank of your link referrals and consider how you can spend more time cultivating links with greater value to you.