Ensure Smarter User Experience Using the Right Analytics Tools
Do you know where your site is positioned in comparison to the other sites in your niche? Have you any idea what is exactly missing in your business strategy?
If not , then you are missing out a vital element. User engagement is the key to successful business. So its pertinent that you know the requirements of your users before you take a step. Analyzing metrics can help to resolve this problem effectively. However one tool cannot meet every requirement.
Why should you analyze with specific tools:
- To track down the progress of your site and improve the factors working behind it.
- Have an exact estimation of the percentage of visitors returning to your site at a certain regular interval.
- Customize according to needs to provide better user experience for visitors.
- Know your present standing to change your future strategies.
- Incorporate changes
But how do you do that? There are many tools by which you can measure the performance of your site.
A quick view of the most popular ones:
- Google Analytics: Calculates the exact amount of visitors returning coming back everyday. It helps you track down the places from where you get your maximum visitors . Visitor Recency as a part of Google analytics also helps in tracking visits (sessions) instead of people.
- Performable: Performable tracks down analytics at visitor-level and includes various other sections which are different from Google Analytics. Some of these are First and last touch attribution, time completion, and social sharing tracking of custom events. Moreover Performable’s exceptional strong base with its customer service advantages makes it a interesting tool for the users.
- Quantcast: The tool provides facilities for quick demographics and estimates of the website traffic. It aims on finding the right market by collecting log data from the participating websites. This uses third party cookies to collect the data.
However, if you want to try out something new and trendy here are some real-time monitoring tools you can check out:
- Chartbeat: A cool and trendy too to enable users to check the analytic in real time, understand the active engagement patterns and to make use of it. It focuses on unusual behaviour and updates from the users in real time. This makes it different from the traditional analytics results.
- Clicky: It is often recommended for its easy to use features. It contains simplified automatic track facility for external clicks and plugins for WordPress. Which makes everything just a click away!
- Mixpanel: Mixpanel is another real-time analytics service available. It is designed mainly for companies for understand users engagement with web applications. It helps in tracking down data send through Facebook applications, iPhone/Android applications, and standalone destination websites.
- Piwik: Piwik is a open source, real time web analytics software program which needs to be downloaded. It gives you with detailed reports on your website visitors. That included search engines results, keywords used, languages and popular pages. It serves as a favorable open source alternative to many users.
- Webtrends: It helps in turning the data from your web site, blogs, online campaigns to understandable data. Webtrends Analytics products like ‘On Demand’ and ‘On Premises’ provides you with real-time data, intelligent alerts, and sharing options with teams. Thus managing options are made much more personalized and smarter.
Above all, analytics are just the guidelines which needs to be properly implemented to receive desired results. Along with analytics you need to know your viral coefficient factors well to ensure better usability. It’s not just about the knowledge but the implementation that can make the difference!