Cyber Monday 2009 – Boom or Bust?
Today is Cyber Monday, the biggest online shopping day of the year. This is the day where online retailers slash prices in order to start the holiday shopping season off with a bang. According to Shop.org and Forrester Research, online retailers are optimistic about Cyber Monday.
By The Numbers
It is estimated that 84% of major online retailers will offer some kind of promotion for cyber monday. You will also see the majority of deals on particular items (42.9%), for specific days (32.9%), along with free shipping on all purchases (15.7%). Almost 69 million workers will be shopping at the office for online specials.
60% off online retailers believe the US economy will improve within the next year. Also of those retailers, 57% of the retailers surveyed showed they were more profitable in 2008 than 2007.
Survey conducted by BIGresearch
“Cyber Monday” Searches on a Steady Increase
Cyber Monday Deals
- CyberMonday.com: The first place any online shopper should go for deals, specials and promotions for the leading retailers. This year over 700 retailers will be posting their Cyber Monday deals on this site.
- PC World – 20 Hot Cyber Monday Deals: This is your resource for finding all of those awesome tech gift this holiday season for retailers like Best Buy, Dell, Wal-Mart, and Staples
- DealTaker: Another great place to search 100s of retailers for great CyberMonday specials.
- Offers.com: More deals from the top online retailers.
- RetailMeNot: The popular coupon site, has an entire section for just Cyber Monday deals, promotion, and specials.
Tips for Shopping on Cyber Monday [Video on CBS, The Early Show]
So what is in store for today? We will have to wait and see!
For more information on the upcoming holiday shopping season check out Holiday Marketing Guide 2009: Hot Products, Tips, and Resources for Online Retailers.